Venue: Buckland Athletic Football Club, Kingskerswell Rd, Newton Abbot, TQ12 5JU. View directions
To confirm the minutes of the last meeting.
It was proposed by Councillor J Hook and seconded by Councillor Dewhirst that the minutes of the previous meeting be agreed and signed by the chair.
A vote was taken through raising of hands.
That the minutes of the previous meeting be agreed and signed by the Chair.
19/01274/REM - Connybeare Wood, Kerswell-With-Combe PDF 350 KB
The Business Manager presented the application.
Comments from Councillors included:
· Size of size, including in comparison to local plan and original application
· Concerns over caravan
· Necessary to ensure enforcement capability
· CIL is £339,261
· When was fire?
· Is structure close to main site?
· Public garden centre nearby
· Concerns over road onto site
· Need for animal boxes
Officers clarified that the application is for reserved matters, enforcement was assured, CIL is £250 per square meter, and that there were no highway concerns.
It was proposed by Councillor Dewhirst and seconded by Councillor Parker that permission be granted as set out
A roll call vote was taken, see attached.
That permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. Works shall proceed in accordance with approved plans.
2. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be commenced until an appropriate ground investigation has been undertaken and the details of the ground investigation have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
3. Prior to development above the damp proof course, samples or details of the materials to be used on the external surfaces shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Stone shall be locally sourced and laid on its natural bed.
4. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the safeguards and mitigation measures set out in the ecological report. On completion of the works hereby approved, the bat/ecological consultant shall confirm in writing to TDC that the required measures and features have been put in place and are acceptable.
5. The development shall proceed in accordance with the energy efficiency and low carbon measures as set out in the Design and Access Statement. Prior to the occupation of the dwelling, solar panels, an electric vehicle charge point and the green roof shall be installed and ready for commissioning.
6. Prior to the installation of any external lighting on the outside of the building or elsewhere on the site full details including design, siting and illumination-type shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval.
7. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 (as amended) (or any order revoking and reenacting that Order with or without modification) no development of the type described in Class AA of Part 1 shall be constructed.
Appeal Decisions - to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate. PDF 57 KB
Comments from Councillors included:
· Are nondetermined apps being dealt with
· Felling of silver birches, safety of trees
· Bristol plans for garden dwelling
· One item doesn’t specify whether the committee or officer had decided it
Officers clarified that there was an 8 week target period for applications, the need for use of tree consultants, the unclarified decision had been delegated, and that there would need to be a strong case for having a dwelling in a garden.
The Committee noted the appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate.
Major Decisions Summary PDF 44 KB
The Committee noted the Major Decisions Summary sheet,