Venue: Virtual Meeting - Virtual Meeting. View directions
Contact: Comsec Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To confirm the minutes of the last meeting.
It was agreed that the completed minutes from the meeting of 23 June would be signed as a correct record at the next meeting.
BOVEY TRACEY - 19/01532/FUL - Brian Harris Ltd, Pottery Road - Change of Use from commercial vehicle repairers (B2) to Use Classes B1, B2 & B8 with ancillary Sui Generis use for electric moped/motorcycle test facilities with wholesale distribution PDF 510 KB
It was proposed by Councillor Haines and seconded by Councillor Wrigley that the application be approved as set out in the agenda report.
Councillor Bullivant did not vote on the application as he did not hear the entire discussion.
A roll call was taken
Cllrs H Cox, Goodman-Bradbury, Haines, Hayes, J Hook, Jeffery, Keeling, MacGregor, Nutley, Nuttall, Parker, J Petherick and Wrigley.
Cllrs Bradford, Kerswell, and Patch.
Cllrs Clarance and Colclough.
That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions
1. Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved plans
2. Within one month, beginning with the date on which this permission is granted, the parking facilities as detailed on the approved plans shall be provided and retained for that purpose at all times for the life of the development.
3. Works likely to give rise to significant levels of noise, which would include vehicle movements, shall be limited to Monday to Friday 0800 – 1800 and Saturday 0800 – 1300. There shall be no works likely to give rise to significant levels of noise outside of these times, or on Sundays or on Bank Holidays;
4. Prior to the installation of any external lighting on the outside of buildings or elsewhere on the site, full details shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval.
It was proposed by Councillor Patch and seconded by Councillor J Petherick that the application be refused due to being contrary to policies S1 and S22.
A roll call was taken.
Cllrs Bradford, Colclough, H Cox, Hayes, J Hook, Kerswell, MacGregor, Nutley, Nuttall, Parker, Patch, Petherick, and Wrigley.
Cllrs Bullivant, Clarance, Jeffery, Keeling, Haines and Goodman-Bradbury
That planning permission be refused due to concerns of highway safety.
Note: The decision to refuse the application was against officer recommendation. The Committee considered this application unacceptable for the reasons below.
Statement of Reason
The Committee considered this application unacceptable due to being contrary to policies S1 and S22 as a result of the impact on highway safety.
NEWTON ABBOT - 16/02693/MAJ - Land At Berry Knowles, Bovey Road - Outline application for residential development (up to 135 dwellings), access from Old Exeter Road, public open space, landscaping and associated works and infrastructure (approval sought for access). PDF 1 MB
It was proposed by Councillor Bullivant and seconded by Councillor Clarance that planning permission be granted subject to conditions outlined in the agenda report and update sheet.
Cllr Haines did not vote on the application as he was not able to view the whole discussion.
A roll call was taken.
Cllrs Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Hayes, J Hook, Jeffery, Keeling, MacGregor, Nutley, Parker, J Petherick, and Goodman-Bradbury.
Cllrs Bradford, H Cox, and Patch.
Cllrs Kerswell, Nuttall and Wrigley.
That planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions as well as applicant entering into a Section 106 Agreement to secure, as a minimum, the following matters as well as any additional material matters arising from the receipt of further consultation responses, with the final drafting to be delegated to the Business Manager – Strategic Place:
· Delivery of 30% affordable housing (based on the number of dwellings progressed through reserved matters) to meet local needs at a tenure split of
· 70% Rented and 30% Intermediate. 5% to be wheelchair accessible; 20% of the Affordable housing would be required to be delivered to step free (accessible/adaptable Part M4 L2) specification. Dwelling should be tenure blind and spread throughout the development
· 20% of total number of dwellings to be Custom Build
· 21,259.80 financial contribution towards the provision of an a Bat Roost
· Financial contribution towards dormouse mitigation, including a 10% net gain
· £5000 financial contribution towards an Application for Traffic Order to extend the 30 MPH speed limit
· £200 per dwelling (as progressed through reserved matters) financial contribution towards Travel Packs
· Jetty Marsh II land - To offer the land to DCC, sufficient for the road corridor and permanent infrastructure, with provision for necessary land take adjustments, broadly in accordance with Plan TBC,
· Jetty Marsh II works - To offer to DCC both the land at nil cost or £1 and the available fill material for £600,000 to be exercised in conjunction with the above transfers and used as groundworks build up to enable the placement of the material by DCC on the alignment of the JMII link
· Secure where relevant mitigation in the Appropriate Assessment (AA)
· Details of formal play to be approved (including quantum, location, layout, implementation, management and maintenance);
· Details of public open space to be approved (including quantum, location layout, implementation, management and maintenance);
And Subject to conditions addressing the following matters (ward members to be consulted):
· Submission of reserved matters (scale, appearance, landscaping and layout) required prior to commencement;
· Reserved matters to be submitted within 3 years (5 years for custom-build plots);
· Development shall commence before the expiry of 2 years from the date of final reserved matters;
· Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved plans;
· Phasing details to be submitted (to include construction access, estate roads, landscaping);
· Full details of surface water drainage management system and foul drainage to be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval to comply with the submitted Flood Risk ... view the full decision text for item 9.
The Committee noted decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate.