6 Strata Performance Report covering period January 2019 until May 2019 PDF 10 MB
To consider the report of the Strata IT Director
The Strata Business Plan 2019-20 and beyond is attached to these minutes for information.
The Strata IT Director presented the report on the last five months of activity, the aim being to provide background to the core areas of specialisation within Strata and identifying key activities, successes and areas for improvement.
2019 was proving to be a very productive and successful time for Strata.
The successes include a high level of end user satisfaction, business requests BCR’s being delivered based on priority and value, Global Desktop and Global Comms platform having excellent levels of system availability, the out of office hours service is proving to be effective in resolving issues outside of normal working hours, and Strata staff are excelling in supporting the ever growing IT demands of the three authorities.
The Team Leads for: Infrastructure and Support; Security and Compliance; Business Systems and Intelligence; and Document Centre were in attendance and presented their areas of the report.
Key areas included:
· The level of savings of £620k generated by Strata was, for the second year running, in excess of those committed to in the business plan of 2016.
· The KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) show all areas of Strata are performing well, this is despite a heavy workload. Strata resources supported the authority election teams. New technology is being rolled out to councillors to support the work they do and to move towards a more paperless model, such as the roll out of ipads to Teignbridge and East Devon Councillors.
· An IT Trainer has been appointed to provide resource to users across all three authorities with accessible IT training. The new post will help to develop and deliver a portfolio of solutions and services based on user demand (includes Officers and Councillors) from all three authorities IT systems.
· The roll out of the new telephony platform into TDC, and the migration of Skpe for business is proving successful.
· Strata are supporting Exeter’s Agile working project and assisting in defining a device strategy.
· East Devon’s relocation was incredibly smooth from an IT perspective, and is testament to the Global Desktop and Global Comms environments that have been built and deployed over the last four years.
· Strata Security team is doing an excellent job in protecting the three authorities against the dangers of cyber-attack.
· The Strata Service Desk continues to deliver a successful service with a high level of Customer Satisfaction being achieved at 96.8%
The report be noted and supported.