The Portfolio Holder for Corporate Resources presented the report which provided an outline of the Devon Districts Procurement Strategy and sought approval to implement this strategy within Teignbridge District Council.
The Procurement Officer gave a presentation (attached to minutes).
In response to Member’s questions, the Procurement Officer clarified the following:-
· A collaborative approach was being taken to work with Devon County, Plymouth City and Torbay Councils to take advantage of economies of scale
· The Council was working with local suppliers for spend £10,000 and under to encourage them to tender and to look to exceed the 15% target of Teignbridge spend – to this effect work was being undertaken to simplify the procurement process
· Sustainability was one of the three main criteria that officers need to take into consideration when assessing tenders.
(1) the themes, actions and outcomes set out in the Devon District Procurement Strategy (DDPS) 2019-2022 be approved; and
(2) any council specific priorities or objectives be established which need to be incorporated into the strategy (jointly or individually).
(The vote was unanimous)