The application was presented to the Committee by the Principal Planning Officer.
Comments from Councillors included:
· Concerns about overlooking and overdevelopment
· Opposition from Parish Council
· Private rented accommodation needed
· Site does not constitute overdevelopment
· 3 immature trees still on site
· Boundary hedge should be preserved
· EV charging stations needed
· Ground floor dwellings must be accessible
In response to comments, the Principal Planning Officer clarified that
· Small trees shouldn’t be transplanted
· A landscaping plan is included
· EV station can be added as a condition
· Adding a condition regarding the hedge would be onerous
It was proposed by Councillor J Hook and seconded by Councillor Haines that permission be granted as set out in the report with an additional condition regarding electric vehicle charging stations.
A vote was taken – see attached.
That permission be granted subject to conditions covering the following matters, the precise number and content of which to be determined by the Business Manager – Strategic Place, under delegated authority:
1. Standard 3 year time limit for commencement of development;
2. Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved plans and documents;
3. Construction management plan including CEMP;
4. The development above damp proof course level shall not take place until details of the external materials and construction details have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority;
5. If, during development, contamination not previously identified is found to be present at the site then no further development shall be carried out until the developer has submitted to, and obtained written approval from the Local Planning Authority for an investigation and risk assessment and, where necessary, a remediation strategy and verification plan detailing how this unsuspected contamination shall be dealt with;
6. Surface water drainage from the proposed development hereby approved shall be provided in accordance with the submitted drainage details;
7. The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the approved Landscape Plan;
8. The development above damp proof course level shall not take place until details of bat and bird box installation have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority;
9. Prior to the occupation of the development hereby approved, bin storage details shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
10.The dwellings hereby approved shall not be brought into use until the parking areas detailed on the approved plans have been completed and these areas shall thereafter be retained for the life of the development;
11.Rear rooflights on units 1 & 5 shall be fixed shut;
12.Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 (as amended) (or any order revoking and re-enacting that Order with or without modification) no development of the types described in Classes A, AA, B, C, D, E, F, G and H of Part 1 of Schedule 2 and Part 2 of Schedule 2 shall be constructed (other than those expressly authorised by this permission).
13.Electric Vehicle charging points to be installed on site