The Planning Officer introduced the application to the committee.
Public Speaker, Supporter – Spoke on:
· LABC award for small developments
· Good drainage,
· Utilisation of existing driveway,
· Use of access to site established
· Existing driveway widened by 1.5 meters
· Off-road visitors spaces
· DCC compliant turning facility
· DCC consultation notes improvements
Comments from Councillors included:
· Some concerns from DCC
· Previous site refused for overdevelopment
· Too many dwellings in application
· Access not concerning
· Concerns about waste provision
The Business Manager informed the committee that a bin collection point was submitted as part of the plans.
It was proposed by Councillor J Hook and seconded by Councillor Nutley that permission be granted as set out in the agenda report, with an amendment to condition and a condition regarding the bin management strategy.
A vote was taken – see attached.
Permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. Standard three year time limit
2. Works shall proceed in accordance with approved plans.
3. Prior to commencement of development on any part of the site, the Planning Authority shall have received and approved a Construction Management Plan (CMP).
4. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be commenced until the detailed design of the proposed permanent surface water drainage management system, including design exceedance flow routes and boundary treatment details have been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority.
5. No part of the development hereby permitted shall be commenced until the detailed design of the proposed surface water drainage management system which will serve the development site for the full period of its construction has been submitted to, and approved in writing by, the Local Planning Authority.
6. Prior to commencement of development, a methodology statement detailing how carbon emissions will be reduced during construction and during occupation of the dwellings shall be submitted to and approved in writing, also including a carbon reduction target.
7. The existing trees/shrubs and hedges shall be retained.
8. Any builder implementing the works hereby approved must be provided with a copy of the ecologist’s report prior to undertaking any demolition works and must follow its recommendations. The recommendations and mitigation works shall be carried out in accordance with the details in the approved report prior to first use of the new dwellings hereby approved.
9. Prior to development above the damp proof course, a plan shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority showing:
· The design of bat boxes, swift boxes and bee bricks that will be installed in the structure of the dwellings;
· The location of the boxes/bricks in suitable areas around the development. The boxes/bricks shall be provided at a rate of 1 bat box and 2 swift box per dwelling, however swift boxes shall be erected in clusters, to better suit swifts and sparrows which nest communally.
· The location of 13cm x 13cm square hedgehog holes that will be included at ground level in every garden fence and every garden wall, to maintain maximum permeability for this species.
10. Electric Vehicle Charge points shall be installed at each dwelling, prior to occupation of that dwelling.
11. Prior to development above the damp proof course, the details of boundary. treatments and refuse storage shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority.
12. The dwellings hereby approved shall not be brought into use until the parking areas detailed on the approved plans have been completed and these areas shall thereafter be retained for the life of the development.
13. Some Permitted development restrictions on proposed properties.
14. Provision of a bin collection point or a strategy for bin management