Overview & Scrutiny – a responsibility to monitor and scrutinise the performance of the Council. The Overview & Scrutiny role:
· To monitor the performance of the Council
· Provide a check on the activities of the Executive through ‘call-in’
· To monitor and review policy formulation and policy implementation
· Policy development – quality reviews
· Scrutiny of external bodies and agencies which affect the District
This Committee is responsible for Strategic Direction; Environmental Health; Waste & Recycling; Climate Change Emergency; Communities; and Housing & Information Technology.